Volunteer travel insurance
It is a requirement of joining our volunteer programmes and highly recommended for anyone volunteering abroad to take out suitable travel insurance. Naturally Africa Volunteers has arranged a special volunteer travel insurance policy that provides cover for volunteers.
Naturally Africa’s volunteer travel insurance policy has been arranged through travel insurance specialists, Infinity Insurance Solutions, and is underwritten by the United Kingdom branch of Union Reiseversicherung AG. A summary of the cover is shown below. Full details of the policies, showing terms, conditions and exclusions can be downloaded by following the below insurance quote link. Please make sure that you read these and your policy document carefully to ensure that you are happy with the details and terms of cover.
|Cancellation||up to £3,000|
|Departure delay||£20 after 12 hours delay, £20 after each subsequent 12 hour delay (max £500)|
|Abandonment after 12 hours||up to £3,000|
|Missed departure||up to £800|
|Personal possessions||up to £1,500 (max per item, pair or set: £250; total of valuables: £300)|
|Project equipment||up to £500 (max per item, pair or set: £100)|
|Delayed possessions||up to £100 if your possessions are delayed by more than 12 hours from arrival at your accommodation|
|Personal money||up to £250|
|Loss of travel documents||up to £250 for travel and accommodation costs necessary to replace your lost travel documents|
|Emergency medical expenses||up to £5,000,000 (includes 24 hour emergency assistance)|
|Emergency dental expenses||up to £200|
|State hospital benefit||£20 per day, up to maximum of £500|
|Curtailment charges||up to £3,000|
|Personal liability||up to £2,000,000|
|Personal accident||Death: £10,000; Loss of Limbs: £15,000|
|Legal advice & expenses||up to £25,000|
Policy excess: You will have to pay £75 when your claim is for cancellation, abandonment, emergency medical expenses, emergency dental treatment, curtailment, or personal liability (this is increased to £250 when your claim is for damage to property). You will have to pay £25 when your claim is for loss of deposit only. You will have to pay £50 when your claim is for personal possessions, project equipment, or personal money.
- Volunteer travel insurance bought through this website is only available to persons who have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least 6 months prior to taking out the insurance and who are registered with a UK General practitioner.
- Cover is only available for round trips starting from and returning to the UK.
- It is your responsibility to provide complete and accurate information to insurers when you take out an insurance policy, throughout the life of your policy, and when you renew your insurance.
- It should also be noted that there is no cover on the policy for pre-existing medical conditions of relatives upon whom the trip may depend.
- This insurance has been arranged for Naturally Africa by Infinity Insurance Solutions Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Naturally Africa is an Appointed Representative of Travel Insurance Compliance Services, (a trading name of Maintenance Assist Limited) for the sale of Connected Travel Insurance. Maintenance Assist Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 516611.
- Naturally Africa only offers volunteer travel insurance from a single insurer – Union Reiseversicherung AG (URV). URV is authorised by BaFin and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us for volunteer travel insurance. You will need to make your own choice about how to proceed.