The Naturally Africa Foundation (registered charity 1137411) raises funds and provides financial support for community and conservation projects in the areas that you may volunteer with us.
The primary charitable objectives of the Foundation are:
- The prevention or relief of poverty in Africa by providing or assisting in the provision of education, training, healthcare projects and all the necessary support designed to enable individuals to generate a sustainable income and be self-sufficient.
- The advancement of education in Africa by providing grants and support for schools and other educational projects.
- The relief of sickness and promotion of health in Africa by providing grants for activities such as the prevention and treatment of disease, healthy recreation for children and education of healthcare workers and the public.
- The promotion of sustainable development for the benefit of the public by the preservation, conservation and the protection of the environment and the prudent use of resources. Sustainable development means “development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
We aim wherever possible to support projects that have strong sustainability objectives, in preference to providing aid and creating dependence upon the supply of further aid in the future. We also strive to provide education about the importance of conservation of the local environment and resources and their sustainable usage.
Our activities assist disadvantaged individuals and groups, including, but not exclusively, orphaned and vulnerable children, families affected by disease such as HIV/AIDS, and those living in poverty.
Examples of our activities and areas that we provide support include:
- Distribution of mosquito nets to disadvantaged communities in high malaria risk regions and education about prevention and treatment.
- Funding for nurseries, providing basic care and education for children of pre-school age in communities with a high level of poverty and generally a high proportion of orphaned, or vulnerable children.
- Primary schools and educational institutions that have very limited funding with the aim of improving facilities, providing educational materials and resources and improving the overall standard of education. This includes where viable the introduction of IT education programmes with the aim of benefitting both the children and the wider community where possible.
- The funding of income-generating schemes for families, or communities living in poverty, including but not exclusively child headed households and community schemes established to benefit the community as a whole, or groups within the community, such as those living with HIV/AIDS, or orphans.
- Provision of sports equipment to schools and community teams, which have limited or no resources and support for programmes that encourage children to participate in extra-curricular and team activities and to exercise. These sports also provide a forum for health education and awareness.
- Healthcare and disease education and awareness, such as programmes for people living with HIV/AIDS, or training of community volunteers in basic home based care and provision of basic supplies.
- Feeding schemes and child sponsorship programmes for orphaned and vulnerable children.
- Teacher training scholarships for untrained teachers from disadvantaged backgrounds.
If you would like to support our work in one of the above areas please click on Donate below…
When you click on donate you will be taken to our Charity Giving page where you may complete your donation quickly and securely.
If you would like your donation to be used for a specific project please email us once you have completed your donation to let us know. Thank you!